Amgen is seeking a Maintenance Technician at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to join the Engineering & Facility Reliability organization and will report to the Maintenance Manager.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing intermediate installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, testing, and documentation/logs of a wide variety of office utility and facility equipment used in manufacturing, utility plants, analytical labs, and office areas in addition to completing various quality system and safety documentation. All work to be completed in a safe (in accordance to HRA, JHA, etc) and timely manner according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while complying with cGMP, SOP, CFR and Amgen regulations.
The Engineering & Facility Reliability department is a highly skilled work force delivering responsive and high quality cost effective service. We create a competitive advantage for the organization's core business through engineering, automation, maintenance, and right the first time execution.
- Review and provide feedback on maintenance reports, forms, and records Revise, and review equipment, maintenance or other related procedures
- Provide regulatory and partner audit support Interprets electrical schematics, I/O wiring and panel drawings, Utility, process system/equipment, plumbing, ductwork, and HVAC P&ID's
- Interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility plants, analytical labs and contracted services
- Participate in On-Call rotations for after-hours facility and manufacturing support and may work outside of established shift hours upon short notice
- This is or may be a weekend shift
- General labor duties
Associate's degree and 2 years of Maintenance experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Maintenance experience
- 2 year technical/AA/AS degree in building maintenance, mechanical maintenance, plant engineering
- 2+ years in an FDA (GMP) or similar regulated environment
- Experience with installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and testing of HVAC, laboratory and utilities equipment
- Ability to respond to on-call emergencies within 30-45 min
- Intermediate knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic fundamentals as well as intermediate skills in the use of power and hand tools in the building trades such as carpentry, plumbing, and electrical
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer and typing skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.