Lean - Six Sigma Lead-Newark DE
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Lean - Six Sigma Lead in Newark DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
The Lean/Six Sigma Lead is responsible to assist line management in implementation of the AZ Supply System. The individual will be a site Lean/ Six Sigma Subject Matter Expert, driving standardized ways of working and building capability across the site in Manufacturing Excellence. Responsibilities include the proper application of Lean/Six Sigma Tools, Project Management, Process Management and Continuous Improvement methodologies. The focus is to implement robust ways of working that deliver higher site performance aligned with key business needs.
In addition to the general description of the parent profile role for this job function, the following summarize key result areas, specific accountabilities and / or tasks, etc. associated with this job title:
- Change agent responsible for the development and delivery of the Site’s Lean / Manufacturing Excellence plan
- Leads, coaches and facilitates the application of a common site approach of Lean/Six Sigma tools in the Global Lean Framework. These include, but are not limited to: Lean training, simplification, strategy development & cascade, lean maturity, business process management, lean leadership capability, continuous improvement and flow, process mapping, process robustness, and problem solving (6σ-DMAIC, Practical Problem Solving, Level 0)
- Designs and implements KPI system and common site approach for visual management strategies
- Coaches site-wide resources at all levels in these approaches, ensuring the site follows Standard Ways of Working with a robust culture of continuous improvement
- Contributes to process for overall Site Performance Review while providing leadership for the Manufacturing Excellence PDCA (Plan Do Check Act) process
- Provides support to site teams for key initiatives and larger, more complex projects.
- Collaborates with other supply site Lean/Six Sigma process owners to determine appropriate use of the AZSS Lean/Six Sigma strategic approach for Operations overall to drive enterprise-wide standardized ways of working
- Works with site leadership team on their focus areas by thinking strategically--working to apply their insight to challenge and adapt current approaches/ways of doing things
- Influences the PETs on use of their processes by driving performance--holds others accountable for high standards and clarifies what needs to be accomplished, why and the consequences for the individual and/or organization
- Collaborates with both the leadership team and external Operational Excellence resources --seeking input and demonstrating appreciation for diverse views.
- Works across boundaries to establish common purpose and goals to deliver value to the business
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
In addition, for Managers and Project Team Leaders:
- Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
- Manager Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to maintain the Quality system and continually improve its effectiveness.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BS in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Six Sigma Black Belt Training and/or certification from an American Society of Quality (ASQ) recognized program (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of statistical process control concepts, data analysis, diagnostic tools and techniques
- Expertise in process & project management and improvement
- Working knowledge of the DMAIIC process
- Working knowledge of Lean Tools such as VSM, Kaizen Blitz, etc
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective internal consulting skills with all levels of management. Analytical Thinking
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Ability to Manage Change & Influence Others
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Drive Performance
- Acts Decisively
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills in Lean/Six Sigma
- Basic Project Management Skills
- Work with site leadership team on their focus areas by thinking strategically--working to apply their insight to challenge and adapt current approaches/ways of doing things
This position will be filled at Career Level D or Career Level E, depending on the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Next Steps – Apply today!
- 5 years industry related experience in Lean/Six Sigma projects and programs.
- Six Sigma Black Belt training and/or certification from an American Society of Quality (ASQ) recognized program (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating teams and groups in lean, six sigma and process improvements.
- Working knowledge of supply chain processes.
- Expertise in the application of analytical problem solving methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Mini-Tab, SPC-XL or other statistical analysis software, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Understanding of GAMP4, cGMP and FDA regulations
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.