At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As the Lead Technician, Inspection in West Chester, OH, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
As the Lead Technician, Inspection, you would be in a direct labor position reporting to a Process Execution Team Process Facilitator on the Manufacturing floor, which supports, Filling/Inspection, operations. The position requires operating equipment performing in-process monitoring, product sampling, line clearances, OEE data collection and completing batch record entries in accordance with cGMPs. In addition, the Lead Technician will perform setup of equipment, execute training for Technicians, direct production activities and perform batch reconciliation and accountability per cGMPs.
The shift for this job is 630a-230p
• Perform shift assignments and monitor teams progress with completing assigned tasks.
• Perform cleaning and housekeeping activities for assigned areas as required to maintain a cGMP environment.
• Perform 5S activities and maintain organization of operating areas.
• Perform work requirements in a responsible manner, in accordance with SOPs, cGMPs and established safety procedures in accordance with OSHA requirements and guidelines. Be familiar with “Material Safety Data Sheets” for area chemicals.
• Perform batch record and GMP documentation entries. Maintain records and/or logs as required in performance of job responsibilities. This will include mathematical computation where needed.
• Responsible for outgoing quality level.
• Some overtime will be required with prior notice to support business needs.
• Be able to start up and make minor adjustments to machinery.
• Knowledge of light material handling equipment (non-motorized lifts).
• Perform inventory control and reconciliation activities, which may require use of SAP as needed within the team.
• Work with various printing devices including printing mats, ink-jet, etc. Perform set-up of print and embossing blocks for lot information and expiration dating.
• Perform OEE data entry and generate line reports as required for team review.
• Certified OJT trainer for PET job skills and functions.
• Working knowledge of automated and semi-automated inspection equipment.
• Manual inspection qualification.Flexibility in cross training between functions.
• Follow batch and SOP instructions to perform in-process and finished product sampling.
• Label and deliver samples to appropriate locations.
• Perform required product attribute testing for product sampling and take appropriate actions based upon test results.
• Responsible for assembling, testing, disassembling, and sanitizing various
• Familiarity with chemical handling and spill control procedures in connection with hazardous waste pick-up duties.
• Assist technical staff as required with preventive maintenance procedures.
• High school graduate, vocational school graduate or equivalent
• Minimum two years experience in a pharmaceutical production environment
• Must have the ability to effectively understand, read, write, communicate and follow
instructions in the English language
• Good attention to detail is required. Individual must be capable of keeping accurate
records and performing mathematical calculations.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, SAP, KRONOS, and Trackwise
• Experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of cGMPs and FDA policies/procedures
• Mechanical/technical aptitude
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Candidate should possess the ability to work in a changing/demanding environment
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.