At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Lead Project Manager (Project Director)- in Wilmington, DE you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Leads projects on-time, on-budget and in adherence with quality and compliance standards. The role will be responsible for the delivery of Operations and supply chain projects that meet business requirements and deliver expected benefits. The role will manage a portfolio of projects which can range from tactical improvement programs impacting one supply sites or function to very complex, strategic initiatives that impact multiple supply chains or sites. The role also may be involved with the development of elements of our Operations strategy within the Americas region.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in program/project management, with a proven track record
- Demonstrate strong, communication and relationship building skills with experience of collaborating and sharing knowledge between teams
- Evidence of shaping and developing innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organization
- Strong networking/consulting skills with good internal/external links
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and in alignment with AZ business
- Proven track record in delivering high risk program/projects and decision making
- Excellent business engagement and business acumen with sensitivity to political/economic environment
- Experience of managing and controlling a budget
- Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Significant experience in, and detailed knowledge of, the pharmaceutical industry, including broad experience in at least two of the following areas: manufacturing management, supply chain management, product development, quality assurance, engineering or finance.
- Proven, successful, significant project / program management experience.
- Demonstrated, successful experience developing business cases and building strategies.
- Knowledge of AZ business, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, program and project management approaches within the pharmaceutical industry and experience of business models and project planning tools.
- Educated to a degree level in a scientific, engineering or business discipline.
- A comprehensive understanding of Operations and other functions, how they relate to each other, and how they contribute to the objectives of the business.
- An awareness of business complexities, such as taxation, tolling, etc.
- An appreciation of the regional content of the group and organization we support, and an ability to handle issues and deliver business goals through keeping up to date with internal and external developments and actively managing the consequential impact on the project / programs.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Well-developed cultural awareness.
- Project Management qualification
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Strong history of managing projects using AZ Project Management Framework.
- PMI certification.
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese.
The Primary location for this position is Wilmington but we will consider candidates in Gaithersburg as well. If you are outside of those two locations and require relocation the main site will be Wilmington. Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.