This individual will oversee the successful and timely completion of complex, biologics based projects through leadership of cross functional internal teams, as well as management of external relationships. Key responsibilities include coordination of non-clinical scientific projects from initiation to completion, managing deadlines and resources, communicating goals, and monitoring progress. The successful candidate will be required to manage multiple, competing priorities while maintaining a strategic business focus with all decisions. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
1. Develops and maintains detailed timelines and resource projections for all ongoing and future internal research and development projects. Provides routine status reports and progress updates.
2. Maintain project schedules and actively manage issues to minimize impact on schedule and resources. Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
3. Develop and negotiate solutions and alternatives for resolving resource conflicts in a resource constrained environment. Work with ImaginAb scientific leads and external partners to meet company priorities and optimize deliverables.
4. Interfaces with internal scientific teams, technical project leaders and Vice President of Research and Development for collaborative development of project plans.
5. Assists with selection and management of vendors. Supports the organization and management of internal and external meetings
6. Prepares summaries and internal progress updates for upper management regarding status of projects.
7. Develop and implement best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• The ideal candidate will have experience supporting clinical laboratory and/or research and development of new products
• Background in biology or related science
• Candidates must have excellent communication skills, work well in a team environment, and be motivated to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced atmosphere.
• Commitment to the company’s vision and have aptitude for an “early stage” environment.
• Project and relationship management skills, including superior communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to build consensus and coalitions among various stakeholders
• Strong written and oral communication, including public speaking and presentation skills.
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Reacts to changes in project plan promptly and efficiently.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including multiple internal departments, upper management, collaborators, and vendors. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and communicate new technologies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Outlook, Google applications required.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of attending scientific conferences and meeting with vendors or other collaborators.
Bachelor's, Masters or Ph.D. degree in a biological science (molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, etc.) and at least 7- 10 years experience supporting pharmaceutical (drug product research environments) or biotechnology industry experience. The candidate must have demonstrated success with managing complicated projects and vendor relationships.