It’s an exciting time to be a member of the Alkermes team. Alkermes is advancing the latest science to develop new medicines. We apply new scientific insights and use advanced technologies. The pace is fast, the environment is dynamic and the ideas are inspiring. We are building an exceptional company focused on innovative treatments. The centre of our company is comprised of unique individuals who work hard and collaborate to achieve incredible success.
At our Athlone site (named one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland 2016), an opportunity is currently available for a Lead Engineer in our Process Development Group. The successful candidate will contribute to the team and help us reach our goals by:
- Managing execution of project activities from development through launch for new formulations, products and technologies.
- Leading teams in establishing appropriate processing and cleaning practices to support Development, Validation and Commercialisation.
- Designing and leading process development activities to ensure that reproducible product quality is achieved - positioning final selected commercial processes in an optimal region of the space defined.
- Generating and executing documentation, including CMC sections, to support design, implementation & qualification activities within a cGMP environment.
- Analysing and resolving technical issues by providing innovative formulation, process or equipment solutions.
- Providing technical expertise on development and processing operations, presenting technical data to internal and external groups including HPRA, FDA and commercial partners.
- Third level qualification in a Science or Engineering Discipline (to level 7).
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience of process development/engineering, formulation and related commercial scale-up/manufacturing preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong technical and project management skills.
- Demonstrated track record in generating technical options to resolve problems, prioritising solutions, selecting optimal solutions and implementing decisions in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong experience in statistical analysis, sample sizing, ANOVA, DOE, regression analysis an advantage
- Strong knowledge of the mechanical and thermodynamic theory of pharmaceutical processing equipment an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record in current role is essential.
We understand that in this competitive industry, it’s important to remain a cut above the rest—and that applies to employee benefits, too. From basic salary, health and wellness benefits to retirement security, we provide an overall package that can stand toe-to-toe with any other.
Contact us to-day if you are interested in becoming a member of the team