• Maintains clinical laboratory by certifying instrument performance, arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
• Keeps a continuous log of all CLIA required equipment standards such as temperature, maintenance, and systems checks.
• Maintains medical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Keeps a computer inventory system software up to date in real-time to reflect current inventory levels, and generates purchase orders ahead of time to circumvent shortages.
• Ensures workplace compliance with OSHA.
• Designs, keeps and enforces laboratory cleanliness plan.
• Assess and optimize laboratory workflow and logistics.
• Identifies problems and solves them independently, or under supervision if required.
• This role will be located in Palo Alto, CA until Fall 2014 then moving to Newark, CA.
• Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or related technical degree.
• 1-2 years of lab management experience in a hospital or company setting.
• Highly responsible, organized and meticulous.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.