Auto req ID: 1237BR
Job Posting Title: Laboratory Animal Veterinary Technician
Person Type: Regular
Posting Category: Velocigene & Transgenic Technology
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
Assists the veterinarian in administering a program of general care for a rodent research production colony.
- Maintenance of a health surveillance and preventative medicine program.
- Provides clinical support for rodents, anesthesia, analgesia and euthanasia to ensure humane animal treatment.
- Coordinates import/export of rodents from/to collaborative sources.
- Assists with training programs for animal husbandry staff, veterinary technicians and research staff utilizing animals.
- May train and advise less experienced Veterinary Technicians.
- May provide work direction to lower-level staff.
- May assist in Animal Care Staff with their duties.
- Work is typically not reviewed upon completion.
Experience and Required Skills:
* Phlebotomy in rodents.
* Knowledge of applicable regulations regarding the proper standards of animal care and use in a research environment.
* A minimum of 2 years of relevant technical experience with mice and rats in a laboratory setting is required for this position.
* LVT and AALAS certification at the LAT level is desirable.
* This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.