Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and basic and applied biological research. The four-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. The company has established strategic partnerships with DuPont (agriculture, industrial biotechnology) and Genus plc (agriculture) and has co-founded human therapeutics company Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA.)
We are seeking an IT Support Specialist to provide front-line assistance for our desktop and laboratory computers, laboratory automation systems, network infrastructure, and office peripherals. This position affords numerous opportunities to learn and grow inside a dynamic startup environment. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to wear many hats – to be flexible and resourceful in addressing new challenges as they arise.
Responsibilities will include:
• Establishing yourself as the general IT wizard and point of contact
• Responding to end-user requests for basic help with computer hardware, local software, and cloud-based software applications
• Providing baseline training for standard office hardware, software, and peripherals
• Maintaining office telephones, videoconferencing, printers, WiFi, and related systems
• Configuring computers and software applications for new employees
• Tracking computer inventory and maintaining user accounts for software applications
• Maintaining and providing minor updates to both public and internal websites
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio (https://twitter.com/cariboubio).
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title IT-BSP in the subject line. No phone calls please. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate must possess:
• At minimum, an associate’s degree in IT or computer science or equivalent training and certification
• Demonstrated proficiency providing IT support across a diverse team
• Experience with both Macintosh and PC hardware and operating systems
• Certification as a Google Apps and/or Microsoft Office administrator
• Working knowledge of HTML, Drupal, and basic tools for website administration
• A strong customer service focus
• Interest in laboratory instrumentation and robotics
• Interest in Linux system administration and/or AWS administration
• Knowledge of general web development and programming