Comparative Biosciences, Inc. is seeking to recruit a board certified Investigative Veterinary Pathologist. The ideal candidate will possess the experience and technical expertise to function effectively in a GLP toxicology and drug discovery / development environment.
Opening is immediate. Position is full-time in Sunnyvale, California.
The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a highly
collaborative group. The candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists supporting drug discovery and development, playing a key role in the developing and assessing novel in vivo pharmacology models as well as supporting toxicology studies.
• Develop, validate, and implement both established and innovative pharmacology models of disease for application to drug discovery.
• Perform microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissues. Provide scientific consultation and interpretation of macroscopic or microscopic lesions.
• Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of macroscopic and microscopic findings. Act as a hands-on Principal Investigator for pathology portions of internal and external studies.
• Collaborate with business development personnel regarding pharmacology models and engage in client information exchanges / TCs regarding new or existing models.
• Supervise and build histology team ensuring quality, capacity, compliance, and positioning for success.
• Communicate effectively and interact productively with clients and other visiting scientists and stakeholders in the studies conducted.
• Act as clinical veterinarian when needed.
About Comparative Biosciences, Inc.
CBI is a contract research organization that offers in vivo efficacy models, and preclinical pharmacology, toxicology, and histology services to all sectors of the biomedical and pharmaceutical communities, with specialized expertise in dermatology, ophthalmology, oncology, wound healing, regenerative medicine, otology and infectious disease. CBI is AAALAC accredited and compliant with FDA, USDA and OLAW regulations.
Our mission is to provide the best quality preclinical laboratory services to our clients to help advance the development of innovative therapeutics and devices. This is achieved through our commitment to customer service, scientific quality and employee satisfaction. CBI works to provide an environment that nurtures scientific discovery and professional development for all employees. Our teams encourage innovation and collaboration in an environment of professional integrity and customer service.
Required Experience, Education and Skills:
• Degree in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent
• Diplomat ACVP credential is required
• Expertise in toxicology pathology is required. Desired is ability to apply knowledge of underlying disease processes to both in vivo pharmacology models and GLP toxicology studies
• Interest and experience in designing and optimizing animal models of human disease. A minimum 3 years of direct experience is required
• Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on communication and relationship building.
• Experience in managing Histology Technicians
• Possess strong scientific writing skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence.
• Must be able to read and write in English.