Intern / Co-Op Student, Software Engineering
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Position type: Temporary; Part-Time; 16 hrs/wk; 6 month assignment with option to extend
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a motivated software engineering intern to assist with the design, development, and support of software applications that enable cutting-edge scientific research. Some example software applications the student may work on include data processing and visualization, laboratory information management system, etc. The student will gain experience in working with scientists and engineers to solve real-world science and technology problems and will have the opportunity to participate in group meetings and present their work to others.
- Design, build, test, deploy, maintain software applications and web services using C#/.NET and/or other high-level programming languages.
- Work with relational database (SQL Server, Oracle) and SQL queries
- Undergraduate or graduate students currently pursuing computer science, computer engineering, biomedical engineering, bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
- Understanding of and experience with object oriented programming (i.e. C#, Java),
- Experience with web development and relational database preferred but not required.
Please submit your resume (including coursework and other activities):