Growing Medical Device Company in south Tucson looking to hire an experienced Injection Molding Engineer for a one year contract with the possibility of extension/conversion. We are growing and expanding our manufacturing processes and need quality talent to help us reach our goals!
This position will start in November and work Monday - Friday during the day. A competitive salary is offered. Great opportunity for international travel and to expand your skills.
Analyzes, designs, develops solutions to engineering challenges associated with Injection Molded plastic parts. Will have responsibility to deliver engineering documents, conduct engineering reviews and may be involved with implementation oversight including mold validations and FAT protocol development. Has experience working within the guidances of FDA/ISO Quality Systems requirements for design and manufacture of medical devices.
Expert position that requires a Bachelors or Masters degree and 8-10 years of experience.
Position Accountabilities / Expectations
• Leads multiple capital projects in the area of plastic injection and LSR molding.
• Provides leadership and collaboration within a cross functional team during the execution of projects.
• Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects.
• Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
• Effectively achieves results that meet business and individual objectives.
• Provides advanced level plastic injection molding and LSR process troubleshooting support and data analysis, identifies areas for improvement and participates in or leads continuous improvement activities to reduce variability and improve production efficiencies.
• Provides technical guidance on the development and commissioning of robust controlled plastics injection molding and LSR systems for manufacturing applications.
• Establishes material and machinery standards for processes and products.
• Leads process improvement using modern manufacturing tools and methods.
• Leads and supports molding process validations.
• Applies statistical analysis techniques to quantify current process capabilities.
• Trains and mentors molding process technicians, plant engineers and key operations personnel to develop and enhance process knowledge and skills.
• Manages multiple external partners (i.e. Engineering Service Providers, Equipment vendors, etc.)
• Completes all work in a safe manner consistent with company's safety & quality protocols.
• Is flexible on work hours and travel required to support international manufacturing sites and mold suppliers. Key Relationships / Customer Expectations (Optional) Key Leadership Behaviors (Optional)
• Manages self and team in accordance with the Behaviors and Culture of Accountability principals. Qualifications / Education / Experience / Skills Required
• Candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's or advanced degree in engineering or a related major scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience and continuing self-development, and/or progress toward advanced degree in related field.
• Extensive experience in project management
• Knowledge and experience in plastics injection and LSR molding processes, tools and materials.
• Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis and statistical process control.
• Experience leading continuous improvement efforts to improve efficiencies and costs.
• A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects within required timeframes.
• Experience in Scientific Injection Molding.
• Knowledge of IQ, OQ, PQ validations/protocols for injection molding of medical components.
• Intimate knowledge of mold design and mold making.
• Job is expected to require 50% travel on average, with up to >75% in peak project load times or during a manufacturing or supply crisis. Regular travel to Mexico and Asia will be required.
• Candidates will be expected operate molding machines and develop D2 molding processes. The candidate will be required to diagnose tooling issues on the bench and assemble/disassemble tooling as required.
• The candidate will be required to conduct on machine DOE’s and on machine trials and experiments in a hands-on manner.
• Previous experience in FDA regulated industries
• Bi-lingual skills. Spanish is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with global teams.
• Manufacturing experience in a plant assignment.
• Lean Six Sigma green or black belt.
• RJG MM1 Certified.