Lilly is the 10 th largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and has been creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. Across the globe, we are a leader in investing in research and development and we also invest in our employees – in competitive salaries, training and development, and health.
The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable leaders to help us continue bringing innovation to patients.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Lilly, we encourage you to review the following opportunity.
The Associate will have an excellent opportunity to network, interact and influence, and impact all levels of senior management within IT due to the significant spend, savings potential, and strategic nature of the decisions being made in the next 12 to 18 months. The Associate will lead or facilitate cross-functional teams through the strategic sourcing process, (a structured process of finding the best supplier at the right price for a specific good or service) from Marketplace Research, Spend Analysis, Strategy Formation, Strategy Execution and Contracting through Supplier Relationship Management. This position represents an excellent opportunity for a high potential Associate to sharpen their commercial acumen, learn how to manage suppliers, and increase their overall understanding of the commercial and financial underpinnings of IT.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Project Management experience 5 plus years of IT procurement experience Previous category management experience
• Experience in managing third party relationships including selection, contracting and problem resolution skills.
• 5 plus years of experience with negotiating and understanding of commercial law/contract language.
• IT knowledge
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to influence upwards
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.