Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and basic and applied biological research. The four-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. The company has established strategic partnerships with DuPont (agriculture, industrial biotechnology) and Genus plc (agriculture) and has co-founded human therapeutics company Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA.)
We are seeking an Informatics Scientist to join our Computational Biology group. This individual will work directly with Caribou scientists and external collaborators to develop methods for understanding experimental results and improving experiment design. The ideal candidate will have clearly demonstrated an ability to manage the informatics needs of large, multidisciplinary projects and communicate effectively across various scientific and computational disciplines.
Responsibilities will include:
• Independent management of informatics needs for multiple parallel projects
• Implementation of appropriate statistical controls and analyses
• Development of new visualization and data integration methods
• Presentation of results to internal scientists, external collaborators, and Caribou management
• Providing guidance on overall experimental strategy and direction from a computational perspective
• Maintaining close coordination with pipeline and software development efforts
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio (https://twitter.com/cariboubio).
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title IS-BSP in the subject line. No phone calls please. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate must possess:
• A PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, or similar fields
• At least four years’ experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Experience deploying tools in cluster and/or cloud-based computational environments
• Experience with computational tools for molecular visualization and interaction (Rosetta, VMD, PyMOL, etc.) is highly desirable
• Detailed understanding protein and nucleotide sequence alignment is highly desirable
• Knowledge of the complete NGS sequencing and analysis pipeline
• Experience with CRISPR or RNAi-based screening, large-scale RNA-seq or CHIP-Seq, and/or multi-dimensional flow cytometry
• Familiarity with database maintenance and optimization is desirable