Medimmune is seeking a qualified Instrumentation Specialist to support analytical instrumentation at our manufacturing site in Frederick Maryland. The Instrumentation Specialist reports directly to the Instrumentation and Controls Manager and will work closely with Scientists and Laboratory Technicians to support calibration, repair, preventive maintenance and qualification of laboratory instrumentation. The specialist will write technical documents to included PM plans and calibration procedures. They will train other technicians and manage any outside service providers associated with laboratory instrumentation. This position requires experience in a GMP environment.
* Laboratory instrument maintenance and repair.
* Mechanical and electrical repair experience.
* Experience with LIMS and lab automation software.
* Extensive experience with MS Office products.
* Familiarity with calibration scheduling software.
* High attention to detail.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* A two-year degree or higher preferred in Life Sciences, Engineering, Electronics, or other related technical field (or equivalent military training)
* Four or more years of intense laboratory instrumentation experience in the pharmaceutical industry or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.
This is My MedImmune
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities... that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.