At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As an Human Resources Services Advisor, in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Enabling strives to deliver our key growth priorities, the role of our business functions teams, including Human Resources, Finance, Global Compliance, Legal and Corporate Affairs, becomes crucially important.
Support continuous improvement projects as assigned and ensure completion of activities on time
- Minimum two year’s experience of general HR or payroll
- Experience of working in a customer service environment and of having worked in a technology driven environment
- Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Work collaboratively, as part of a team
- Able to work independently and take accountability for the quality of personal outputs and success
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and local language
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, service minded, verbal (phone) and written communication, as well as active listening skills to handle a volume of inbound inquiries from employees/customers; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Detail orientated
- Establish positive relationships throughout HR and with process partners
Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.) Desirable Requirements
- Previous experience in working in a service desk function
- Experience in using of query ticketing tools / CRM solutions
- HR degree or equivalent
- Payroll experience
- Possesses knowledge of AZ HR systems (Workday and AZengage experience is a plus)
- Knowledge in country HR legislation, AZ policy and processes
- Practical experience providing HR advice via e-mail or phone
- Ability to quickly learn and work in a cloud-based solution
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.