A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc. (NIBR) is seeking a highly motivated group leader to join the Novartis Oncology Bioinformatics Team and lead our scientific software development efforts. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in developing intuitive scientific software to enable cancer research as well as demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
* Leading a team of experienced software developers
* Driving and influencing the technical and scientific direction of Novartis Oncology Bioinformatics by serving on the global bioinformatics leadership team
* Designing, planning, implementing, and maintaining high-throughput automated biological data processing and visualization systems
* Identifying promising new bioinformatics tools, and software technologies and bringing them in-house
* Instilling a culture of best practices for software version control, testing and release engineering
* Interfacing with key stakeholders within Novartis Oncology and across Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) including NIBR Informatics to develop software solutions that enable data mining and discovery across oncology research.
* Masters or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computer science or a related field, with a minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience
* Proven track record leading the development and deployment of bioinformatics systems and applications that are integral to drug discovery and research
* Knowledge of cancer genomics and/or tumor immunology. Experience with mining genomic data and/or NGS data preferred.
* Demonstrated ability in establishing effective collaborative relationships with cross functional technical teams
* Strong communication skills and ability to represent the group within NIBR and to NIBR Informatics
* Demonstrated organizational skills, aligning available resources to meet key goals
To learn about other NIBR opportunities,
See Job Description