At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As Global Publications Director in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GPPS (Global Product and Portfolio Strategy) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
- Advanced post-graduate scientific degree with relevant proven experience in pharmaceutical/medical communication/healthcare industry, development, research
- Demonstrated experience as a medical publications professional and in-depth knowledge of the principles of developing effective publication strategies and plans
- Broad knowledge of the drug development process, with a focus on integrated strategic publication planning
- Broad knowledge of relevant disease areas
- Global Team experience with demonstrated ability to work in a cross cultural business environment
- Proven ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global business and project environment
- Proven management and coaching skills, driving performance and long-term development of others in order to accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives
- Proven flexibility and adaptability to changing regulatory and publication environment by developing solutions that impact beyond the function
- Manages change with a positive approach to the challenges of change for self, team & the business
- Excellent written & verbal communication, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- High ethical standards
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.