Location:Gaithersburg, Maryland, United StatesJob reference:
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Jan. 24, 2017
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Global Medical Affairs Leader, Oncology you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GPPS (Global Product and Portfolio Strategy) ) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Global Medical Affairs Leader to join our Global Medical Affairs Oncology team. As the Global Medical Affairs Leader, you will provide medical and scientific direction for the development of our Lung Cancer EGFR and small molecule therapies within Global Medical Affairs. You will lead the development and delivery of the Brand Medical Plan(s) aligned to the therapeutic area Medical Strategy within the Oncology Lung Portfolio with a focus in EGFR Therapies. As the Global Medical Affairs Leader you will leverage relationships with external customers to ensure robust physician and patients insights are what drive successful product launches. Additionally you will also ensure that market insights are used to inform all product development and franchise strategy deliverables and you will interface with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the scientific and clinical understanding of the brands in the therapeutic area.
- Relevant advanced scientific or medical degree of appropriate certification
- Mandatory practical, working knowledge of Medical Affairs and Disease Area - Oncology
- Demonstrated experience in developing medical strategies and plans
- Experience with global KOL engagement Patient-centered but commercially aware, values driven approach
- Demonstrated project management skills to lead cross functional teams
- Ability to translate clinical data into a strategic medical plan
- Proven ability to engage, influence and build effective relationships with OLs, across functional and geographic boundaries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with ability to present in front of external and internal stakeholders
- Broad understanding of more than one part of the business i.e. Discovery, Clinical, Regulatory, Medical or Commercial roles
- Presentation and influencing/negotiation skills
- High ethical standards
- MD and /or PhD
- Lung cancer experience
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.