To implement strategy and execution of the Global Medical Affairs program(s) for assigned compound(s) and /or project(s), under the leadership of GMA Franchise Head or Sr. GBMD.
• For assigned indications, implements an aligned Medical Affairs perspective on compound development, lifecycle management strategies, and clinical trial designs. • Works collaboratively across functions to execute an integrated medical plan encompassing OGD and GMA strategies. • Manages all operational aspects and drives execution for assigned projects of Global Medical Affairs clinical trials in partnership with global line functions, assigned Clinical Trial Heads (CTHs), and regional/country medical associates. • Participates and contributes to the joint ICT’s. • Provides Medical leadership to CTT’s for Novartis sponsored GMA trials • Manages investigator-sponsored trials and Local/Regional Medical Affairs trials, within MRC, for assigned projects(s). • Supports medical training, education and commercial activities in alignment with the Global Brand Team. Provides medical support for scientific symposium and medical congresses within legal and compliance regulations. • Collaborates across functions to achieve approval of key scientific communications and medical information documents within legal and compliance regulations. • Provides medical leadership in interactions with key external stakeholders eg., leads advisory boards, under supervision of GMA Franchise Head or Sr. GBMD. • Responsible to efficiently manage budgets and resources for Novartis Sponsored and GMA supported activities, in collaboration with GMA Franchise Head or Sr. GBMD.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
MD required, specialty in Oncology strongly preferred.
Advanced knowledge in medical/scientific area (Oncology, Hematology, Endocrinology) required. English
• = 3 years of involvement in clinical research or drug development in an academic or industry environment spanning clinical activities in Phases I through IV.
• = 1 year of contribution to and accomplishment in all aspects of conducting clinical trials (e.g., planning, executing, reporting and publishing), or section of clinical programs in a global/matrix environment (including remote) in pharmaceutical industry.
• = 1 year people management experience required, this may include management in a matrix environment. Global people management experience desirable.
• Strong management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
• Considerable organization awareness (e.g., inter-relationship of departments, business priorities), including significant experience working cross-functionally and in global teams.
• Medical/scientific expertise in disease area of assigned program
• Understanding of global regulatory environment including key regulatory agencies and approval processes.
• Strong understanding of operational aspects of all phases of clinical trial conduct (Start up, Conduct, Close out