Location:Redwood City, California, United StatesJob reference:
Mar. 10, 2017
Acerta Pharma is a leader in the field of covalent binding technology and is applying this technology to create novel, highly selective therapies for cancer. In February 2016, AstraZeneca acquired a majority share of Acerta Pharma via a USD $4 billion investment and is a committed partner to the development of these innovative drug candidates.
Acalabrutinib is Acerta's lead program which was developed based on our discovery efforts. It is an investigational covalent Bruton tyrosine kinase (BTK) inhibitor currently under investigation in multiple Phase 3 clinical trials. The clinical program includes over 20 trials in hematologic malignancies and solid tumors. Over 1,800 patients have participated in these trials to date.
The Global Brand Manager, Acalabrutinib will help develop and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans for Acalabrutinib. Focus areas include global unbranded and branded campaigns, congress strategy and execution, and project management of launch timelines and key deliverables. Act as the product champion across internal functions and global affiliates. This role reports to Acerta's (Senior Director, Global Business Team Lead).
The Global Brand Manager is responsible for leadership of Acalabrutinib marketing to HCPs, including personal and non-personal promotional initiatives; Drives development of global marketing materials and activities. Integrating regional marketing dynamics into product strategy using global markets, customer segmentation, market research and competitive environment analysis. Supporting development of global plans for Acalabrutinib global launches.
Additionally, the Global Brand Manager is the Congress strategy lead for major US and International Congresses in collaboration with Global and US Medical affairs, IMED, US marketing, Acerta Research and Early Development (aRED). Accurate budget management and knowledge of and adherence to the AZ promotional review and compliance rules. Contributes to Global Business Team and affiliate meetings; Organizes GBT meetings including agenda, minute taking, participation. Collaboration with cross-functional partners, including US Marketing, Global Brand Leads, Global Insights and Analytics, Global Commercial Academy, Medical Affairs, Global Pricing & Reimbursement.
The Global Brand Manager is responsible for participation in development/implementation of Brand Strategy Plan and Brand Operational Plan. Leading cross functional matrix teams, building vision and strategy, driving and influencing others for results. Leading interactions with Senior internal stakeholders, including Senior Leadership in Regions and Affiliates. Contributing to AZ/Acerta business planning processes, i.e. Quarterly Business Reviews, Competitive Readiness Reviews and Launch Readiness Workshops. Development of HCP brand marketing plans and tactics that will increase the rate of market adoption for assigned brands. Management of budgets for assigned marketing activities within budget. Compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Acerta/AstraZeneca.
* Bachelor's degree
* 2+ years of oncology marketing
* Understanding of general business and core marketing principles
* Knowledge of Oncology Marketing Product Management, Market Research, Budgeting Process, and Project Management
* Experience of working within cross-functional business units essential
* Ability to manage effectively an external vendor (ie, creative agency) and internal promotional review process
* Strong strategic thinker
* Proven ability to identify market research needs, plan with market planning, and analyze results to apply to promotional activities
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize effectively
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
* Management of complex projects with in high pressure circumstance
* Effective cross- functional project team leadership
* Job requires frequent travel (25%)
* Advanced degree
* Hematology/Oncology market and customers
* 2-3 years previous experience in global oncology product marketing and at least one year in HCP marketing
* Global Pre-Launch and launch experience, delivering key marketing tactics (branded, unbranded creative campaigns, congress strategy and planning)
* Inline Brand regional market experience
* Exposure to and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies and governance
* Market research and planning
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.