Location:Gaithersburg, Maryland, United StatesJob reference:
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Feb. 13, 2017
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Global Brand Director, Pipeline Assets, Autoimmunity, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. GPPS (Global Product and Portfolio Strategy) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Global Brand Director to support the development and commercialization of the early portfolio assets of the Autoimmunity Franchise within GPPS.
A number of innovative biologic assets are being developed within the Autoimmunity Innovative Medicines and Early Development (IMED) division. One of the late stage assets is currently in Phase IIb development forneuromyelitis optica
. Two of the leading development programs are focused on the treatment of lupus and related diseases. The AstraZeneca autoimmunity strategy is to lead in lupus related diseases at the rheumatology specialty care area through life cycle management and launch of portfolio assets.
The Global Brand Director will objectively analyze and evaluate portfolio assets and their opportunities. You will drive the financial forecasting and champion appropriate levels of investment from the company. As the Global Brand Director, you will create a clear commercial strategy for key assets as well as produce, drive detailed commercialization plans, and deliver milestones on positioning, pricing, value proposition, target markets selection, etc. Based on customer and market insights, you will ensure that the clinical development and regulatory plans are maximizing opportunities for patients and the business. The Global Brand director will comply with AZ policies, standards and procedures in every interaction.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, with a strong science understanding preferable
- Good analytical, financial or business development competency or experience
- Commercial experience and expertise in US or key European market is desirable
- Strong track record at global and local level, of both strategic and operational delivery
- Global Team experience and proven ability to lead and contribute to cross functional teams
- Ability to clearly communicate and be credible with senior (ie Board Level) leadership
- Proven experience and applied knowledge of a broad base of external customers (especially policy makers, payers, civil servants, governmental contracts bodies, and MPs)
- MBA (or equivalent business degree), marketing or public health qualification
- Experience and expertise in autoimmunity marketing and commercial model
- Direct people management and P&L accountability
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.