The Area – North American Branch
With a portfolio of more than 2,500 products covering the fields of genomics, protein analysis and expression, cellular analysis, drug discovery and genetic identity, Promega is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to life scientists in academic, industrial and government settings.
Promega products are used by life scientists who are asking fundamental questions about biological processes as well as by scientists who are applying scientific knowledge to diagnose and treat diseases, discover new therapeutics, and use genetics and DNA testing for human identification.
The Role – General Manager, North America
You are responsible for Promega’s North American Branch success and financial performance. The General Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a business strategy which aligns with corporate objectives and delivers above-market growth in both revenue and earnings. Having led multiple go-to market teams, you understand how to develop, establish and maintain long-range objectives for the branch operation through action plans and strategic planning. You also have experience ensuring excellent communication and understanding of the needs and dynamics of the North American market to the corporate leadership team, ensure strong alignment between business plans, global initiative, marketing plans and financial incentives.
You are a skilled scientist, and able to display your depth of experience and knowledge in Genomics, Proteomics, Cell Analysis, Molecular Diagnostics, Genetic Identity and other markets. You manage with professionalism, acting as a trusted mentor and cultivating mutual respect. Your body of work speaks for itself, illustrating your ability to manage a dynamic, leading-edge branch in alignment with the larger strategic organizational vision.
• M.S. life science degree or equivalent experience preferred and MBA or equivalent experience required.
• Demonstrated track record of 10 or more years of experience in business unit management with full P&L responsibilities running a business with $50 million+ portfolio and multiple departments.
• Strong market knowledge and understanding of Genomics, Proteomics, Cell Analysis, Molecular Diagnostics and new markets.
• Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas.
• Proven experience marketing both new technologies or products, and more mature established products.
• Strong strategic and tactical marketing, marketing communications, market research, product management, distribution channels, competitive intelligence, and customer relationship management.
• Good knowledge of existing and emerging marketplace distribution channels and how to creatively employ them for competitive advantage.
• Demonstrates communication skills for multiple audiences via multiple media, including shifting communication style, rapid synthesis for executive communication, and analytical communication for detail-oriented audiences. Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent corporation at external meetings, conferences and organizations. Able to present high level information based on analysis and facts.
Click on the link below to apply for this position. Only applications through our website will be considered for this position.
Promega Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Visit www.promega.com to learn more about our company.