Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and basic and applied biological research. The four-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. The company has established strategic partnerships with DuPont (agriculture, industrial biotechnology) and Genus plc (agriculture) and has co-founded human therapeutics company Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA.)
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Functional Genomics group to run and maintain the high-throughput sequencing pipeline. The ideal candidate will interact closely with Scientists and other RAs to support sequencing and cell-based screening activities and will participate in the design and implementation of automated workflows.
The main duties and responsibilities are to:
• Generate sequencing libraries on a high-throughput automated platform
• Implement and develop standard protocols to generate sequencing libraries (e.g. amplicon libraries, RNA-seq).
• Run and maintain Illumina sequencing systems to meet priorities and deadlines
• Coordinate with other functional groups to plan and execute high-throughput workflows
• Compile and analyze data to support/contribute to technical reports
• Manage and order supplies and maintain equipment to meet company quality standards
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio (https://twitter.com/cariboubio).
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title RA-FG in the subject line. No phone calls please. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate must possess:
• B.Sc. or equivalent in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Genetics or Molecular Biology
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
• Experience working with laboratory automation systems
• Hands-on experience with preparation of Illumina sequencing libraries
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• RNA-seq library preparation experience
• Experience with common sequence data analysis software packages.
• M.Sc. or equivalent in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Genetics or Molecular Biology