At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Forecasting Leader/ Manager (Oncology) in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing forecasting and analytical support to Inline and New Product Planning (NPP) teams for inline and late phase Oncology assets. Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills are core job requirements with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership with senior leadership as demonstrated by material business impact is strongly preferred.
You will be responsible for understanding and provide risks analyses, assess the impact of market events, assess business opportunities and continuously evaluate new forecasting techniques and technologies.
Develop sales forecasts including volume demand, product sales and inventory movement in support of financial planning (Long Range Operating Plan, Annual Business Updates, & Quarterly Business Updates)
Ad hoc analyses of forecast sensitivity which may involve estimates of monthly demand for in-line products using weekly data and/or risk and opportunity sizing
Develop sales forecast models in support of pipeline and LCM business case evaluations and commercialization decisions
Develop product-specific short-term and long-term forecasts models (incremental and absolute) and maintain up-to-date forecast models, reflecting current data/information/ assumptions
Lead the forecasting and business planning processes and all associated work streams (sales bridges, ad hocs supporting Finance, etc.)
Identify key business issues that impact short-term and long-range product and market forecasts; clearly and pro-actively surface these issues
Incorporate the results of primary research into the forecast model(s) to reflect anticipated risks and opportunities on sales outlook
Define forecasting processes and build capabilities in forecasting for inline and late stage assets
Develop forecasts across multiple therapeutic areas using patient flow forecast models, patient based forecast models, and statistical trending
Ensure alignment on forecast assumptions and other critical analytical assessments with business partners including Marketing, Sales, Managed Markets, Market Research, Global Marketing and Insight, Finance, and Sales Operations.
Lead the integration of insights across different business segments and multiple data sources and clearly communicate business risks and opportunities
Incorporate the results of primary research into the forecast models to reflect anticipated risks and opportunities on sales outlook
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical forecasting, product management, market research, or secondary data analysis.
- Experience in creating forecast models for marketed and/or pre-launch pharmaceutical products, requiring only a minimal level of supervision; Excellent Excel skills with advanced skill in SAS or other statistical programming preferred
- Proficiency in pharmaceutical data sources required; expertise in epidemiology and standard IMS secondary data
- Occasional travel may be required
- MBA or Master's degree preferred in Business Administration, Statistics, Science or other relevant discipline preferred
- Broad and deep therapeutic area knowledge, with advanced skill, expertise in Oncology preferred
- Basic understanding of drug development process, regulatory issues and marketing theory; strong grounding in broader business acumen required
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to build credibility and relationships with Commercial Leadership Team
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of business performance infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.