The primary responsibility of the Forecasting Leader is to lead the Oncology Commercial Forecasting function within AZ Specialty Care. The Forecasting Leader will provide forecasting and analytical support to the Inline and New Product Planning (NPP) teams for inline products and late phase assets. Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills are core job requirements with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership with senior leadership as demonstrated by material business impact is required.
This position will be required to understand and provide risks analyses, assess the impact of market events, assess business opportunities and continuously evaluate new forecasting techniques and technologies. This position will also be required to manage consultants to complete analytical projects.
* Forecasting and analytics expertise to support Senior Leaders in decision-making and understanding of performance for NPP and in-line Brands
* Develop sales forecasts including volume demand, product sales and inventory movement in support of financial planning (Long Range Operating Plan, Annual Business Updates, & Quarterly Business Updates)
* Development of sales forecast models in support of NPP business case evaluations and commercialization decisions
* Define forecasting processes and build capabilities in forecasting for late stage assets and inline products
* Develop forecast across multiple therapeutic areas using patient flow forecast models, patient based forecast models, and statistical trending
* Ensure alignment on forecast assumptions and other critical analytical assessments with business partners including Marketing, Sales, Managed Markets, Market Research, Global Marketing, Finance, and Sales Operations.
* Lead the integration of insights across different business segments and multiple data sources and clearly communicate business risks and opportunities
* Incorporate the results of primary research into the forecast models to reflect anticipated risks and opportunities on sales outlook
* Design, prepare and present standard performance reports, ad-hoc analysis, and supporting commentary
* Bachelor's Degree
* MBA or Master's degree preferred in Business Administration, Statistics, Science or other relevant discipline preferred
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.
This is My MedImmune
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities... that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.