Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies with an initial focus on ophthalmology. AGTC is seeking a highly motivated individual to managing the preparation of our SEC filings and coordination of such filings with our legal team. The Financial Reporting Manager is also responsible for development and reporting of the annual operating budget.
• The Financial Reporting Manager will report directly to the Controller
• The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Financial Reporting Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and manage review of Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly earnings press releases and scripts.
• Create and maintain the quarterly reporting calendar.
• Monitor compliance with new and evolving accounting guidance.
• Assist in preparation of technical memorandums that document the company’s interpretation of relevant accounting pronouncements.
• Manage the relationship with external auditors.
• Assist in implementation and maintenance of reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
• Review the quarterly tax provision process with external consultants
• Develop and regularly report on annual operating budget.
• Support preparation of and regular updates to the Strategic Plan
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting with at least 4 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting
• CPA required.
• Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
• Effective communication skills both verbally and written
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug free workplace.