Responsible for the financial aspects of the cost centers that support the site production activities. The ideal canidate will be a business partner supporting the cost center manager, together they will manage the financial aspects of the cost center. They will manage the budget and forecast process, understand the actuals and look for ways to continually improve both the cost center service and the related resourses used to provide the service.
In addition the Finance Manager will work with the Site Finance team to meet all Site and Global reporting requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the Cost Center Budget and forecast process
• Accountable to maintain and improve the SOX process relating to the support cost center activities.
• Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how best to meet schedules and goals.
• Support the Capital project group.
• Provides guidance related to the financial aspects of the cost center activities/operations.
• Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the immediate cost center organization.
• Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Support the Site business planning activities and development of the site’s operating plans.
• Assist in the development of management reporting to ensure performance improvement.
• Provide analytical support for ad hoc financial evaluations.
• Collaborate with Site cost center managers to develop long range financial forecasts and operating plans.
• Provides guidance to business managers to support the achievement of financial objectives.
• Ensure clear and effective communication between cross functional groups on matters relating to budgeting, capital planning, and financial analysis.
• Analyze and provide recommendations on potential investment decisions.
• Ensures finance compliance with GMP/HSE regulations, Novartis policies, procedures and standards as appropriate for the role. Champions a Quality Culture and ensures a safe working environment.
• Some of the Support cost centers provide a shared service to other business units. In these examples the canidate will propose the amounts to charge for the services and create & maintaine the documents to support the charges.
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree in a Finance or Business discipline is required.
• An advanced degree, such as an MBA and or a CPA is preferred. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
• A minimum of 3 years previous financial experience, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
• Full understanding of cost accounting.
• A thorough understanding of principles of accounting/finance is essential.
• Must be able to demonstrate a high attention to detail with an ability to independently prioritize and organize work assignments.
• Previous budgeting and planning experience are required.
• Must possess excellent computer and analytical skills.
• Good communication skills both oral and written are required.
• Previous experience with SAP and BW reporting is preferred.
• Strong Excel and modeling skills are required.
Novartis is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. Our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.