At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As the Finance Director in West Chester, Ohio, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca are a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
As the Finance Director, you would be responsible for financial business planning, annual budgeting and forecasting at a site level. Ensures accuracy of standard costs, capital spending, and financial reporting.
As a member of the West Chester (WCH) Site Leadership Team, contribute to setting the strategic direction for the site and execution thereof, through the establishment of business performance metrics, business priorities, and operational performance management.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- 10+ years experience in finance and/or accounting with significant experience in cost accounting.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to develop and analyze complex issues and present summaries and recommendations
- Strong leadership capabilities and experience influencing and challenging business leaders to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in teams.
- Experienced in partnering with other functions to achieve success.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision making, organizational & management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong knowledge of information systems is required in order to develop, implement and maintain new systems and incorporate production-processing changes into existing systems.
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing. Prior exposure to general operations, SAP, inventory planning and control, and accounting services is strongly preferred.
- CPA, CMA or MBA degree preferred.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Perceiving Information with Speed and Accuracy
- Following Instructions
- Communicating Orally
- Reasoning and Thinking Critically
- Solving Problems
- Perceiving Meaning and Messages
- Analyzing and Understanding Systems
- Making Decisions
- Performing Basic Mathematical Calculations
- Using Mathematics to Solve Problems
- Reading and Understanding Written Information
- Communicating in Writing
- Using Tables, Charts, and Graphics
- Working with Data
- Analyzing Data
- Using Correct Spelling and Grammar
- Thinking Strategically
- Desktop computer
- Cell phone
- Desk phone
Next Steps – Apply today!
- Achieving Work Goals
- Focusing on the Mission
- Acting with Integrity
- Striving for Improvement
- Working Hard
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Resolving Work Problems
- Following Through on Commitments
- Maintaining Order
- Planning Actions
- Following Rules and Procedures
- Attending to Details
- Managing Own Time
- Maintaining Accountability
- Working with Others
- Serving and Helping Others
- Remaining Calm and Even Tempered
- Demonstrating Optimism
- Exhibiting Liveliness
- Acting Professionally
- Demonstrating Self-Confidence
- Taking Charge
- Influencing Others
- Understanding Others' Perspectives
- Delegating to Others
- Supporting Diversity
- Adapting to Changing Methods or Priorities
- Performing Varied Tasks
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Providing Consultation and Advice to Others
- Entering Data and Information
- Gathering Information
- Maintaining Records and Forms
- Training or Instructing Others
- Focusing on Success
- Championing Change
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Knowledge of Assembly Operations
- Knowledge of Blueprint Reading
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.