If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Field Reimbursement Manager in Long Island, NY, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The general purpose of the Field Reimbursement Manager (FRM) role is to minimize reimbursement barriers for patients and providers and, therefore, optimize access to MedImmune products in the assigned therapeutic area. This purpose will be achieved by delivering consultations and interventions with key physicians and institutional customers through specialized services. FRMs will work closely with Managed Markets, Trade & Sales partners in the field, supporting targeted accounts in resolving reimbursement issues or concerns, developing ethical and customer-oriented reimbursement strategies, and proactively communicating payer criteria/terms and practices. As all other employees, FRMs are fully accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of MedImmune activities.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrate leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of appropriate compliance, behavior and conduct.
- Work with manager, peers and partners in Marketing, Sales and various Managed Markets and Trade groups to review/understand relevant franchise and managed care business plans, tactics, goals and objectives.
- Spend considerable time and effort working with customer accounts and field partners in Sales reviewing and maintaining their territory business plans and progress, helping to identify reimbursement-specific opportunities or issues, as well as educating partners on the payer landscape.
- Maintain a high level of Managed Care and related Managed Markets benefit structures, reimbursement mechanisms, legal and regulatory influences, and health management programs.
- Maintain consistent ability to access and influence key business decision makers.
- Maintain an outstanding level of Multiple Therapeutic Area knowledge, utilization management techniques, treatment, reimbursement guidelines and industry awareness.
- Maintain an outstanding ability to prepare and present provider level communications.
- Develop and justify budgeting requests for specific customer programs.
- In a timely and accurate manner, submit all budgetary information, expenses reports, and required administrative reports to Field Leadership.
- Seek out and maintain an effective level of communication with account stakeholders and decision makers.
- Bachelors Degree (MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of total business experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Minimum of 2 or more years' sales, managed care or reimbursement experience is required
- Two to four years Biotech or Pharmaceutical Sales experience
- Two to four years of Managed Markets experience
- Infectious Disease, Respiratory, Inflammation, Autoimmune, Oncology experience
- Experience with physician administered injectables preferred
- Experience with business planning and market analysis.
- Experience in implementing value added programs and advisory programs.
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirements related to the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industries
- Demonstrate strong oral, written, and group communication skills.
- Experience with specialty Pharmacy/Distributor and Buy and Bill model experience
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.