Relypsa, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of polymeric medicines for patients with conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated and can be addressed in the gastrointestinal tract. The Company's first medicine, Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was developed based on Relypsa's rich legacy in polymer science. Relypsa was founded in 2007 and, in September 2016, became a Vifor Pharma company. More information is available at www.relypsa.com.
Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension was approved in October 2015 for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a condition defined as elevated blood potassium levels that can cause abnormal heart rhythms and even sudden death. A potassium binder, Veltassa is the first new medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years and is the first commercialized medicine resulting from Relypsa’s polymer technology platform. Relypsa is committed to ensuring that people living with the burden of hyperkalemia have access to Veltassa.
This employee will serve in a field-based, customer-focused role working collaboratively with cross-functional partners including sales, trade, and managed markets to navigate the reimbursement landscape and ensure appropriate patient access to current and future products in the Relypsa portfolio.
• Exciting opportunity to support an innovative medication for an unmet need. The position will provide a unique leadership role with the primary focus of maximizing patient access to Relypsa’s product Veltassa (patiromer).
• This field-based, non-promotional role within Market Access will report to a regional Field Logistics Director and actively contribute to patient access to our medicine.
• The states in the Ohio Valley territory include Ohio, Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh), and northern West Virginia.
• The access platform for Veltassa will provide important reimbursement, product access assistance and adherence to healthcare professionals and patients attempting to obtain the product. The Field Logistics Manager will be responsibility for educating healthcare providers and assisting them navigate our access platform to ensure patients receive our medicine in a timely manner.
• Subject matter experts in educating and problem solving patient access issues and assisting Relypsa customers to better understand how our assistance programs can help patients access our medicine in a convenient and expeditious fashion.
• Liaising seamlessly with all Relypsa internal and external stakeholders including customer access services, specialty pharmacies, and other field-based teams while supporting patient access is an important role of this function.
• Interacting and educating key stake holders within physician practices and hospital outpatient facilities.
• Assisting with the resolution of reimbursement and patient access issues.
• Providing live access and reimbursement education to healthcare professionals.
• Delivering information on relevant reimbursement topics related to the use of our medicine.
• Linking with territory account managers, the specialty pharmacy team, access support programs and national and regional managers to resolve local payer coverage issues.
• Collaborating with internal stakeholders on critical initiatives.
• Requires training generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor’s degree program or the equivalent combination of experience and education. Advanced degree or specific Practice Management experience preferred.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in two of the three areas: practice management, or practice billing and revenue cycle; experience with public and private third-party reimbursement related to specialty product access; or experience in pharmaceutical or managed care industry reimbursement including site reimbursement interactions with healthcare providers.
• Provider reimbursement experience with specialty products.
• Extensive experience navigating patients and providers through a reimbursement Hub to access support services.
• Strong understanding of payer policy procedures and requirements to access drug, including the ability to navigate reimbursement utilization controls.
• Understanding of payer environment, coding and billing requirements at the National, Regional and State levels.
• Knowledge of private payer, Medicare, Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act marketplace structures reimbursement modality.
• Keen ability to analyze and interpret regulations and legislation.
• Project management, expense reporting and budget allocation skills.
• Ability to work independently and with teams.
• Good driving record and the ability to drive during the day and in the evening.
• Above average computer and ability to work in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Live within 45 minute drive of major airport (relocation assistance will not be provided).
• Peer leadership and mentoring ability.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of time as needed.
• This position is field-based.
In addition, this candidate must have:
• Proven track record of strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Strong decision making and strategic planning skills.
• Ability to make decisions, resolve project obstacles, and work through conflict with minimal oversight.
• Proven ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and appropriately.
• Demonstrated ability to lead in a complex, cross functional matrix team environment and build strategic partnerships.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Experience in the nephrology and/or cardiology therapeutic areas is preferred but not required.
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.