Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic and respiratory-based diseases. AGTC is aggressively expanding and seeks a full-time Facilities Manager for its Alachua, FL. headquarters.
• The Facilities Manager with will report directly to the Executive Director, Process Development
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Maintenance and upkeep of all building support systems, including, but not limited to GMP and non-GMP facilities for purified water, building HVAC, generators, house air and vacuum systems, electrical supply, etc.
• Manage and coordinate equipment calibration and certification scheduling for all equipment in conjunction with Quality Assurance and the Director of GMP.
• Manage equipment maintenance to budget via proactive vendor quotes and service agreements
• Oversee lab metrology and compliance activities with support from Quality assurance in accordance with AGTC’s quality system
• Direct-line management of staff responsible for day-to-day coordination of laboratory logistics, inventory and upkeep
• Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee Manual and Safety & Quality Manual
• Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards
• Compliance with all FDA regulations regarding GLP and GMP for applicable responsibilities.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
• A B.S. in industrial hygiene, industrial engineering, or similar field with at least 5 years of relevant experience managing support infrastructure in a GMP environment
• GLP/GMP regulated environment experience and compliance
• Previous managerial experience is highly desired
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace.