Location:Gaithersburg, United StatesJob reference:
Oct. 03, 2016
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Facilities Maintenance Technician III in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the installation, operation, and / or general maintenance of all equipment and components that support the facility. This may include some or all of the following: HVAC, Purified water, cooling towers, chillers, steam boilers etc., as well as any other task assigned. Must be able to trouble shoot problems in the event of mechanical failure of equipment and be able to recommend parts needed for the effective repair of such. Will work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Must be able to understand and write SOP's as required to perform duties related to this position.
* Certificate of Completion at a two year technical trade school or High School diploma with experience in maintenance trades working in Pharma, Biotech or other highly regulated industry, Journeyman.
* Three years' work experience at minimum.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks at any given time.
* Outlook, Internet Explorer, Capability to Utilize Various Programs Developed for Day to Day Operations & Specialty Maintenance PM Software to have Knowledge of Purified water systems, Pre-treatment , RO Skids ,Carbon towers, CDI/EDI's and WFI Still's.
* May include some or all of the following - Appropriate plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and mechanical Licenses (Maryland - EPA Refrigerant Recovery Type I, II, III or Universal Certification or Stationary Engineer Level II or III as required) and/or equivalent work experience to insure working knowledge.
* Use basic & precision hand tools
* Utilize precision measuring instruments
* Must be able to read, write and utilize complicated drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas, and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
* Read mechanical schematics/piping diagrams
* Experience in the maintenance trades, trade knowledge in a specialized field or process
* Be able to work (troubleshoot/perform repairs) in a clean room environment.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.