If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Facilities Maintenance Planner in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
The Facilities Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning all aspects of the MedImmune Maintenance Teams’ work activities including preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance services for all offices, R&D laboratories, Clinical Supply Manufacturing and parking decks. The Planner is responsible for reviewing Work Order (WO) scope of work, estimating costs and technician hours, planning work activities, ordering parts and supplies, preparing Maintenance Technician work schedules, obtaining required permits (local building code, confined space, lock out tag out, hot work, and others), obtaining access to building areas and notifying affected occupants. The Planner is responsible for reviewing and triaging all SAP WO notifications for maintenance, ensuring proper information is recorded, and verifying all related documentation is completed prior to releasing WO. The Planner is responsible for making recommendations to the MRO Team on any materials which may be reallocated for future use or to be returned to supplier, maintaining a knowledge base of each technician’s abilities and qualifications and assigning WOs to ensure successful completion of WO and maintenance activities. The Planner is responsible for operating within SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to ensure compliance with financial and GMP regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan MedImmune Maintenance Team work activities for preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance services for all offices, R&D laboratories, Clinical Supply Manufacturing and parking decks.
- Review Work Order (WO) scope of work, estimate costs and technician hours, plan work activities, order parts and supplies, prepare Maintenance Technician work schedule, obtain required permits (local building code, confined space, lock out tag out, hot work, and others), obtain access to building areas and notify affected occupants.
- Review and triage all SAP WO notifications for maintenance, ensuring proper information is recorded. Verify all related documentation is completed prior to releasing WO.
- Identify any potential product quality and safety impacts as a result of maintenance activities. Work with area owners to determine shutdown periods and work schedules.
- Hold planning meetings to prepare work schedules, and review work order status, work order forecast and production schedules.
- Review WO backlog. Process WOs based on established work priority system, criticality of need and applicable KPI (Key Performance Indicator).
- Ensure consistent use of SAP planning and scheduling tools.
- Prepare and submit quality documentation applications and ensure adherence to SOPs.
- Prepare BOM (Bill of Materials) and coordinate required MRO parts and supplies with site MRO Team. Print pick lists and ensure kitting is completed for technicians prior to work commencement. Identify material outages and recommend expediting when necessary.
- Make recommendations to MRO Team on any materials which may be reallocated for future use or to be returned to supplier.
- Maintain knowledge base of each technician’s abilities and qualifications and assign WOs to ensure successful completion of WO and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate work activities and area availability with parts suppliers and service contract technicians (where utilized) to provide coordinated service on equipment.
- Provide weekend and on-call and after hours coverage when necessary.
Additional Job Functions: (specific to position as determined by manager)
- Use basic & precision hand tools.
- Read and utilize a variety of gauges and precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Utilize complicated drawings, mathematics and handbook formulas.
- Read mechanical and electrical schematics and piping diagrams
- Maintain basic knowledge of maintenance trades and trade knowledge in a specialized field or process.
- Maintain current understanding of QA (Quality Assurance) practices as they apply to Pharma and Biotechnology industry.
- Maintain a basic understanding of how to comply with CFR (US Code of Federal Regulations) for facilities maintenance activities affecting GMP areas.
- Must be able to work (troubleshoot/perform repairs) in a clean room and manufacturing production environment.
BS in Engineering/Technical field preferred or related practical experieince
5+ years in related BioTech or Pharmacuetical industry.
7-10 years in Engineering/Maintenance position preferred.
Outlook, Internet Explorer, Capability to Utilize Various Programs Developed for Day to Day Operations & SAP PM, Microsoft Project preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
CPMM (Certified Plant Maintenance Manager) preferred
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.