As a member of the Human Resources team, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support including but not limited to, administrative support for the full-cycle recruiting process, on-boarding activities, maintaining confidential files, providing performance management support, and ensuring compliance with Adamas’ HR policies and procedures. This position will work closely with the internal administrative team and will report to the Sr. Vice President, Human Resources in Emeryville, CA.
• Provides general administrative support to the SVP, Human Resources;
• Manages heavy calendaring/scheduling as it pertains to all candidate interviews and related interview team meetings, which may include the coordination of candidate travel, lodging and expense reimbursement. Interfaces directly with candidates and external search firms to develop and confirm candidate schedules;
• Posts job descriptions for open and approved headcount on appropriate websites, tracks job postings, and re-orders job packages with vendors;
• Responds to routine HR questions or accelerates to the appropriate HR team member;
• Assists with shepherding candidates through the interview process, including ordering lunches as appropriate;
• Ensures inventory of candidate materials and new hire forms, parking validations, prepares offer letters and manages the schedule for on-boarding candidates;
• Participates as a member of the Adamas Administrative team, manages administrative projects as assigned by the Executive Assistant to the CEO, and provides backup support to other administrative team members as requested;
• Coordinates all HR training sessions for employees;
• Participates in the open enrollment process as required;
• Establishes and maintains e-filing systems on department related business to achieve quick retrieval according to corporate standards;
• Maintains personnel files and records that ensure Adamas’ compliance with applicable state and federal laws. Establishes new employee HR files per the established checklist(s) and maintains ongoing personnel files and I-9 binders;
• Prepares offer letters, onboarding materials, and termination paperwork for inclusion in exit interviews and maintains appropriate inventory of forms;
• Maintains companywide contact list;
• Working in partnership with HR team members, ensures operational processes are properly executed and support Adamas’ culture and values;
• Builds and maintains strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Minimum of 10 years of administrative support with at least 2 years within an HR team preferred;
• Able to handle confidential information and records with the utmost of discretion;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including the development and maintenance of excel spreadsheets, development/modifications of forms in Word and ability to create PowerPoint presentations;
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate/manage a heavy amount of calendaring activities for candidates;
• Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and benefit portals, a plus;
• High attention to detail required with a focus on ensuring deadlines are met and accurate records are kept;
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation required;
• Demonstrated ability to relate well to others; establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external parties; easily gains trust and respect;
• The ability to handle multiple projects and adaptable to changing priorities;
• Excellent judgment and composure;
• The ability to work independently, be flexible and have strong organizational skills;
• Good problem solving skills, as well as, the ability to make suggestions to improve efficiencies;
• Successful experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
• Fit with Adamas’ culture and values.
Principals only. No recruiters please.