Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's leading biopharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organizations. Due to expansion and internal employee promotion, we are currently searching for TWO talented EHS Managers to lead and manage EHS activities at our Fremont, CA location.
The Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager will manage BIFI Environmental Health and Safety compliance programs in accordance with all applicable State and Federal regulations, Corporate requirements, and other legal requirements in order to help protect the health and safety of BIFI employees, to protect the environment, and to minimize risks to the company. Assist internal customers with their EHS needs and actively cultivate a safety and sustainability culture.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Manage and continuously improve BIFI Health and Safety Programs in adherence to all Local, State, Federal and Company requirements. Health and Safety Programs managed by this position may include, but are not limited to: Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Safety, Process Safety, Ergonomics, Hazard Communication, Biosafety, PPE and other General Safety Programs including but not limited to Hot Work, Control of Hazardous Energy, Confined Space, OSHA Recordkeeping, and others. This position may serve as the Biological Safety Officer and may manage Emergency Response organizations at the site including the Emergency Evacuation Team.
* Manage and continuously improve BIFI Environmental Programs in adherence to all Local, State, Federal, and Company requirements. Environmental programs managed by this position may include, but are not limited to: Air Emissions / Refrigeration Management, Wastewater Management, Protection of Surface and Groundwater, Waste Management, Environmental Remediation and Community Right to Know reporting.
* Manage and implement programs to foster a culture of safety and environmental stewardship within the various business units. Duties may include outreach activities, messaging, leading committees, and working with Senior Management to drive the BE SAFE and BE GREEN culture.
* Develop, implement, and manage the EHS Management Systems for the BIFI site. Develop and implement continuous improvement concepts to better the site's safety and environmental performance.
* Business Partner EHS Program
* Working with assigned Business Partners to act as focal point for resolution of their EHS concerns and issues, to communicate matters between EHS and the business partner, and to support their business partners as needed.
* Miscellaneous EHS Issues as required, including but not limited to:
-Participating on emergency response teams such as Emergency Evacuation teams.
-Responding to incidents
-Lead and participate in inspections and audits
-Other tasks as required
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Science, Engineering, Biopharmaceuticals or related discipline is REQUIRED; Master’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
* The position requires at least 8- 10 years’ experience in EHS at an operational facility, including at least 5 years’ experience with the relevant technical subject matter as detailed in this job profile.
* 4 - 6 years of experience leading projects.
* Must have significant experience managing and implementing EHS programs at operational sites on a tactical level.
* Must have significant experience with the relevant technical subject matter as detailed in this job profile.
* The position requires the ability to work independently while maintaining communication with all team members.
* Teamwork, leadership, and influencing skills with a strong focus on customer service.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
* The incumbent must possess strong interpersonal skills, and must offer innovative and creative solutions to customer problems.
* An in-depth knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements for all managed programs is required.
* Strong understanding of all EHS requirements as appropriate to BIFI facility.
* Detailed knowledge of all BI Corporate requirements.
* Occasionally will be required to work in a physically demanding environment, including conducting field work and participating in emergency response activities. Must have the ability to lift 35 lbs.
* May require periodic off-shift work in order to meet the needs of internal customers. Occasional travel is required.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
* Certifications preferred: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or other similar and relevant certification
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Person with a Disability
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings