The candidate will be in the bioinformatics group of a growing biotechnology company headquartered in West Palm Beach, Florida responsible for providing assistance and implementing tools to improve the architecture and usability of Electronic Laboratory Notebooks and the Laboratory Information Management System. The company is a venture and corporate funded biotechnology company focused on developing cancer medicines using cutting edge technologies, with operations in Florida, Asia and the West Coast.
Duties will include:
• Work with scientists to build quick turnaround tools to facilitate generic workflow capabilities of scientific data management
• Create and implement new data processing templates
• Maintain existing scientific system protocols and scripts
• Support the adoption of key practices as defined by SOPs and LIMS requirements
• Provide technical support and coordinate training activities of the LIMS and ELN system
• Engage with LIMS/ELN provider to orient software design and evolution based on company needs
• Utilize Excel (Macros) as the basis for processing discovery research data and data visualization
• Maintain Scientific Article database
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
• Hands-on lab experience as well as computer/programming skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of Excel Macros to create data visualization templates
• Experience scripting with Java, PHP, mySQL, Perl, C#, .NET, python, or equivalent
• Basic understanding of chemical/biological data structures and the biotechnology discovery process
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing work priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional desirable skills and experience:
• Experience working with LIMS and ELN systems, 1-3 years’ minimum
• Understanding and knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Familiarity with Sharepoint and Office 365
Benefits offered include: Health, dental, vision, life, paid vacation and sick leave.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.