Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Senior Chemist to lead our chemistry operations. Vividion is a privately held, San Diego-based biotechnology company that is leveraging a powerful chemical proteomics platform technology coupled with vanguard chemistry to efficiently discover novel drugs for major unmet clinical needs. The chemistry strategy at Vividion incorporates cutting-edge synthetic methodologies developed by its scientific founders, Phil Baran and Jin-Quan Yu, to explore unprecedented and highly medicinally relevant chemical space.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced leaders with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment and help build a world class drug discovery company. The successful candidate will have extensive experience leading the discovery of novel small molecule therapeutics from initial hits through first-in-human trials. This position will be responsible for managing both internal and outsourced chemistry resources.
Experience and education requirements
• Ph.D. in Chemistry with 12+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
• Demonstrated ability to lead small molecule drug discovery programs from initial hit through first-in-human trials
• Experience managing internal and outsourced chemistry personnel, and in team/project leadership
• Highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented, with outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Genuine curiosity for novel approaches to improve the drug discovery approach and generate better candidate molecules
• Demonstrated problem solving skills in challenges facing synthetic organic chemistry and drug discovery
• Strong publication/patent record
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job SBCB2016.05.18
Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.