Location:Gaithersburg, Maryland, United StatesJob reference:
Sep. 14, 2016
The Director, US RSV Marketing (Brand Team Leader) will report directly to the Franchise Head, Infectious Disease Franchise. He/she will be responsible for US market strategy development and Brand Team Leadership in support of MedImmune's Synagis® (palivizumab) brand, a monoclonal antibody that is the only available therapy available for prevention of RSV in young children. This position will have multi-faceted responsibility with numerous contact points across the organization, and the Director will have the opportunity to develop a "return to growth" vision for Synagis. The RSV Marketing Director will manage a brand team of marketing professionals and lead an extended cross-functional team.
Key responsibilities of the Director include:
* Leading and managing the development and implementation of comprehensive marketing plans (Seasonal Brand Plans / Longer-term Contributions to 3-Yr ID Business Plan) for Synagis across a broad range of customer segments (health care provider, payer, and patient), including a plan to return Synagis to growth.
* Leading and developing in-line marketing and matrix teams to support overall brand goals and objectives (factory volume, sales, OPEX, Global LCM, and associated corporate benchmarks)
* Developing realistic and achievable annual and quarterly strategic marketing objectives and financial forecasts in conjunction with Commercial and Company stakeholders while ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
* Guiding the development of business case oriented rationale in support of decisions on pricing, promotions, packaging, unique market research projects, Life-cycle Management considerations etc.
* Ensuring marketing excellence alignment with AstraZeneca best practices.
* Providing collaborative business leadership with allied functions, including but not limited to: Sales, Global Marketing, Commercial Operations, Manufacturing, R&D, Medical Affairs, Finance, etc.
* Contributing to the broader Infectious Disease vision and strategy as a senior member of the Infectious Disease leadership team