The Director/Senior Director of Medical Affairs, Diabetes, functions as a key strategic partner with Clinical Development, Marketing, Regulatory and Legal, to provide leadership on behalf of Medical Affairs team in developing brand strategy for the diabetes portfolio, including life cycle management, and ensuring consistency of approach and quality deliverables. S/he ensures development and execution of medical plans supporting the diabetes product(s) to achieve short term and long-term objectives.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
• Developing strategies and tactics to support brand needs. Working with the Scientific Communications and MSL leads, ensuring development of the strategic medical affairs plan.
• Providing medical expertise to support the development of cross-functional strategies and tactics in support of the brand plan for diabetes compounds.
• Planning and implementing advisory board meetings to gather guidance on clinical development, medical strategies, educational activities, and value propositions for Lexicon diabetes products.
• Serving on the product development committee to ensure that clinical development activities are consistent with the medical vision for Lexicon diabetes products.
• Developing and managing appropriate research programs, including investigator-initiated studies, collaborative studies, expanded access programs, and non-registrational company-sponsored studies.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with leading physicians in diabetes as part of medical and scientific communication.
• MD preferred, or PharmD/PhD in life sciences for candidates who have significant Medical Affairs experience.
• At least five years’ Medical Affairs experience in a role in a pharmaceutical company/biotech company/clinical research organization, of which at least 3 years are focused in Diabetes.
• Broad experience in development and management of physician relationships.
• Strong strategic, problem-solving, risk mitigation skills.
• Possess a professional, proactive demeanor.
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively in a matrix fashion and potentially manage direct reports.
• Must have experience with applying legal and regulatory guidelines in drug development, including knowledge of OPDP promotional regulations, and CDER/CBER regulations as they relate to drug approvals.
• Performs well under pressure; able to maintain composure in challenging situations.
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills. Ability to address issues/concerns in a clear, well-informed manner that engages others in a thoughtful discourse; able to stand up in a polite way and make the case.
• Demonstrates ability to evaluate information and data with a defined, studied process and report results in a thoughtful, organized manner.
• Ability to adapt easily to changing work environment; comfortable with ambiguity.
• Must be willing and able to travel 25-35%.
To apply, please visit the careers section of our website: https://lexpharmacareers.silkroad.com/
For additional information about Lexicon and its programs, please visit www.lexpharma.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer: race, gender, disability and veteran status
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test, background check and verification of credentials before beginning employment.