The Director/Sr. Director, Managed Markets, will build and lead the Managed Markets group dedicated to the launch and life cycle management of Patiromer in the United States. Serving as the Head of Managed Markets, the position will report to the Executive Director of Market Access and will be required to work closely with other members of the commercial team, including marketing and business analytics, as well as other cross-functional partners including medical affairs and HEOR.
The core function of the Managed Markets Department, under the leadership of the Director/Sr. Director Managed Markets, will be to lead the Managed Markets strategy for Relypsa and ensure tactical execution to managed markets customers during market development, launch, and post-launch phases.
•Lead Managed Marketing
-- Development and execution of the Managed Markets strategic and tactical plan
-- Define the value proposition for various customer segments including: government and commercial payers; health systems; and hospitals
-- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to translate professional market development campaign into the appropriate equivalent for the Managed Market audience; develop concept, message platform, and collateral
-- Managed Market convention plan
• Lead managing the CMS drug listing process
• Lead the design of the Managed Markets customer facing model, working in conjunction with the broader commercial organization to define organization (supervise a Field Manager; RAM/NAMS will directly report to this Field Manager)
• Create the government price reporting plan; secure/oversee government price reporting vendor
• Create patient support strategy/plan (e.g., hotline, copay program, foundations and advocacy plan)
• BA/BS required. MBA/MS preferred
• 10+ years working in the pharma/biotech space with experience including:
-- Managed Markets and/or channel strategy experience – must have a strong understanding of the US payer/reimbursement landscape
-- Marketing experience
-- Managing direct reports
-- Managing vendors – independent consultants and advertising agencies.
•The following experience is preferred:
-- Product launch
-- Medicare/Part D drug
-- Products that go through specialty distribution/specialty pharmacy
-- Therapeutic area: cardiovascular, nephrology and hospital drugs
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible and dynamic environment is critical; able to work effectively with ambiguity and incomplete information
• Ability to influence and lead across functions; operate in a matrix environment
• Ability to travel 10-20%
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs and stock options reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.