A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Comparative Medicine (CM) Director of Science and Strategy will assure an overarching cross-site Comparative Medicine Global Science and Technology strategy (GST) that drives high quality science across all Pfizer sites to advance the Pfizer portfolio. This role will partner with CM, Research Unit (RU), and Partner Line (PL) scientists across Worldwide Research & Development to make decisions for CM investments in animal models and technologies both within and outside of Pfizer. This role will work closely with the CM Vice President (VP) and CM Executive Team (ET) to execute and evolve the 2 and 5 year CM Strategic Plans, and will work with the VP, ET, and Senior Research Fellow in Global Science and Technology to assure delivery of scientific value and Comparative Medicine strategy and to inform/evolve years 3 - 5 of the science for the CM strategy. The role will include leading a team of scientists and post-docs in a portfolio driven discipline. The role will report into the Senior Research Fellow but have matrixed responsibilities to the VP and ET.
* Achieve comprehensive understanding of the Global Science and Technology group's capabilities and projects across all of the sites.
* Champion CM's expertise in animal models and translational science across RUs and PLs to drive quality decisions and the acceleration of differentiated medicines and vaccines
* Lead a team of CM scientists and post-docs in a portfolio-driven discipline.
* Provide budget oversight, scientific expertise, CM alignment and prioritization with RU/PL research plans and needs, and support for the GST scientists matrixed across all sites.
* Responsible to drive efforts to build out and evolve the CM strategy and strategic frameworks for the 2 and 5 year plans in collaboration with key stakeholders across WRD
* Partner with CM ET to assure the 2 year strategy is met in order to help the CM VP and Executive Team make decisions on investments in animal models and technologies.
* Facilitate data presentations and data tracking on the strategic plan to the Executive Team
* Help the VP in strategic and planning efforts for integrations related to future M&As
* Partner with key stakeholders on WRD innovation initiatives
* Provide CM leadership for large scale technology investments
* Responsible for implementation and success of post-doc and externship programs