At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As Director, Respiratory Inhalation PT010 (triple therapy, inhaled respiratory) you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GPPS (Global Product and Portfolio Strategy) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
AstraZeneca holds a unique position in respiratory disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by leveraging novel combinations, biologics and devices. The pipeline also has a number of promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As the Director of PT010, Global Product and Portfolio Strategy, you will be accountable for the commercial strategy and the launch preparation of PT010. PT010 is a triple therapy, delivered in a pressurized metered-dose inhaler (pMDI) and through the proprietary co-suspension technology. This important work includes supporting commercialization strategy for PT010, launch roll-out across all the strategic markets (US, Japan, China, EU), and further developing the science story supporting the Pearl franchise. As the Director PT010, you will be a key member of the cross-functional global project team, collaborating closely with colleagues from Pearl therapeutics and AstraZeneca. Additionally you will be part of the global brand team leading part of the brand working group which is co-creating the commercial strategy and operational plan, with participants from 6-8 of the key marketing companies. You will also be responsible for the commercial component of strategic options and strategies supporting Investment decisions for future life cycle management programs and for engaging with regions and key markets to ensure launch readiness and commercial excellence for launch.
As the Director PT010, you will report to the Vice President, Pearl Franchise.
- Bachelors degree
- Thorough understanding of the development process and necessary commercial touch points
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch and launch
- Respiratory therapeutic area experience
- Strong strategic thinking, judgement and influencing skills, to influence R&D to ensure strong commercial focus
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payers, providers and in/out license partners.
- Evidence of developing compelling business cases
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks and the implications for the commercial aspects to future brands
- Strong understanding of key marketing skill sets
- Experience of working with inhaled respiratory brands
- Inline Brand Marketing Company experience (or external equivalent)
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies
- Device technology and platforms
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.