Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) – a monoclonal antibody targeting CSF1R in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in a Phase 1a/1b clinical trial in multiple cancers in combination with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor, Opdivo® (nivolumab)
- FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b in a Phase 1 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in a Phase 1b clinical trial in mesothelioma
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious individual to join the Pharmacology team within the Development Science organization as a Director of Pharmacology. This individual will lead pharmacology staff consisting of PhD level scientists and research associates that focuses on the in vivo validation and development of FivePrime’s pipeline of preclinical and clinical therapeutics and antibodies. The position reports to the Vice President of Pharmacology.
- Representing pharmacology functions on multiple immuno-oncology project teams and to senior management.
- Selection, management and oversight of mouse tumor models to support preclinical and clinical programs.
- Writing and authorizing study protocols and reports.
- Authorizing appropriate sections of regulatory documents (INDs, CTA, BLAs)
- Management of PhD and associate-level staff to execute department and corporate goals.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in immunology or closely related discipline, with extensive application to tumor biology
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in biotech or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong track record of using mouse models to validate immune mechanisms and relationship to human disease.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of mouse tumor models as they relate to human disease.
- Ability to identify, develop, and coordinate high impact tumor model studies.
- Must have expertise in tumor immunology. Experience with studies involving drug-induced modulation of the immune system in mice, including dose-response, PK/PD relationships, and exploration of drug M.O.A. is essential.
- Experience with inflammatory disease models is a plus.
- Must have hands on experience with in vivo models of oncology including subcutaneous and orthotopic xenografts, syngeneic and leukemia models.
- Experience with flow cytometry is required. Demonstrated experience with characterization of immune cell populations in tumors by FACS is required. Familiarity or experience with IHC of immune cell populations is required.
- A track record of accomplishments in translating mouse immune models to human disease, and/or the identification and development of biomarkers is a plus.
- Proven experience working and leading in a pharmacology/ in vivo laboratory environment is essential.
- Prior managerial experience including leading a team of PhD level scientists.
- Very strong leadership, influencing, and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Direct experience with IND filing and documentation is a plus.
- Ability to lead and work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
Please upload your cover letter and resume