About Molecular Templates:
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM’s first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM’s website at http://www.moleculartemplates.com.
The Director of Research and Development (R&D) will be involved in the management and execution of ETB protein production and analysis. This is a primarily laboratory based position in a team setting. The Director of R&D will be involved in testing and implementing process changes to improve throughput of the current production system and will identify, develop and manage assays to screen lead candidates based on biochemical properties. Responsibilities may change in line with prioritization at the discretion of the management team.
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Conduct protein production and process development in the areas of recombinant protein expression and purification
o Identify process improvements to allow for increased throughput of protein production and analysis
o Test, evaluate and implement process improvements
• Identify and coordinate testing of methods to screen lead candidates based on biochemical properties
• Document all procedures in an accurate and timely manner
• Analyze data, summarize and present results, conclusions and plans for further action to management and team members in a clear and timely manner
• Manage and execute new projects as needed
This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Research and Development.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
• An advanced degree (in life sciences) with 2+ years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience providing both analytical and technical expertise to protein production and the R&D team
• Comprehensive understanding and experience with all aspects of recombinant protein production, including molecular biology, E. coli based recombinant protein expression, protein purification
• Comprehensive understanding and experience with protein biochemistry and analysis techniques (ie SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Western blotting)
• Strong problem solving and data analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
• Prior experience with bacterial toxins and/ or protein therapeutics is desirable
• Prior experience with biochemical analysis of recombinant proteins (i.e. stability, protein folding) is desirable