Director of Protein Purification
Areas of Expertise Desired:
The Area – Manufacturing Operations
Creativity, curiosity and scientific expertise define our operations. We require vision and expertise to support our technical staff with the resources required to become true innovators. Working together, our scientists, technicians and business leaders create remarkable biotechnology tools that support the discovery, investigation and care that contribute to a better life.
Our job is to bring relevant and oftentimes complex products to life in order to serve Promega’s stakeholders in innovative, dynamic ways. Our technical experts execute with integrity and extreme care, ensuring proper compliance and delivering superior quality. As a result, our products lead the industry, anticipating our customers’ needs and fulfilling critical requirements.
The Role – Director of Protein Purification
You direct the manufacturing of Promega’s protein purification and fermentation products, developing and implementing plans to ensure capacity and capability meet current and future needs in support of the strategic operational and company vision. A strong, well-developed leader, you manage production groups to ensure production schedules and responsibilities are achieved with ease. From strategic visioning to budget planning, you skillfully manage protein production and purification operations to strengthen Promega’s position in the market.
A seasoned professional, you understand and comply with the ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business. You provide technical and managerial leadership, establishing and implementing best-in-class quality, safety and housekeeping standards. An outstanding communicator and trusted mentor, you work seamlessly with your staff to provide timely follow-up and achieve departmental objectives, championing appropriate training and development initiatives to improve operational flexibility.
• Master of Science degree in a technical field (engineering, microbiology, etc.) and experience or training in business management
• 10+ years of experience in the manufacture of protein products with 7+ years of managerial experience in a production environment
• 5+ years of project management experience in a technical area within a cross-functional team and 5+ years of experience managing a large, diverse staff
• Demonstrated success in managing the transfer of products from development to production
• Proven ability to assess and manage the technical, financial and quality aspects of operations in alignment with larger organizational strategic goals
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills
E-Mail to a Friend
Add to Job Folder