Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM’s first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM’s website at http://www.moleculartemplates.com.
The Director of Operations will direct and conduct efforts related to expression and purification of novel protein-based therapeutics with minimal supervision. Prior experience with protein expression, purification, and/or engineering is required.
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Conduct protein production and process development in the areas of:
o Microbial fermentation
o Protein purification
o Analytical characterization
• Analyze data and effectively communicate findings to management
• Author, execute and summarize project execution plans and manufacturing batch records
This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Manufacturing.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
• An advanced degree (in life sciences) with 5+ years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience providing both scientific and operational expertise to protein expression and purification projects
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
• Previous experience with antibody fragment expression and/or characterization desirable
• Previous experience with microbial fermentation desirable
• Prior drug discovery or development experience in biotech or pharma setting desirable