This role provides strategic insight for the development and future commercialization of AnaptysBio’s pipeline programs. Working with the CEO and senior team you will identify, understand and monitor commercial opportunities for AnaptysBio’s proprietary pipeline programs in the inflammation and immuno-oncology therapeutic areas. This includes leading the assessment of competitive positioning and commercial differentiation of internal pipeline programs, and ensuring new product and business development decisions and plans are informed by US and ex-US treatment and market access landscape, patient journey, competitive environment and unmet medical needs.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop, deliver and execute market research and insight plans to support the evaluation and development of AnaptysBio’s pipeline (e.g., product profile development, value and sales forecasting, market monitoring and competitive intelligence) to maximize product positioning and differentiation
• Lead and guide discussions on product development and commercialization strategies, including identification of differentiation points and optimization of overall commercial value of internal pipeline programs
• Manage primary and secondary market research activities, including discussions with key opinion leaders, medical questionnaire development and related market assessment processes
• Evaluate pipeline program opportunities, provide commercial assessments, and establish marketing and access strategies
• Ensure the required payer, provider and patient insights, including payer research and payer scientific advice is obtained to inform clinical development, early biology decisions and commercial positioning
• Assist in identifying the necessary clinical trial end points needed to successfully commercialize products
• Ensure the executive leadership team receives regular updates regarding pipeline assets and commercial opportunities
• Stay abreast of key competitive development initiatives and changes in market directions, adapting marketing strategies accordingly to ensure profitability of emerging product lines
• Graduate degree in related field (e.g., pharmacy, chemistry, biology); MBA or equivalent preferred, and 10 + years of related pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience, with at least 5 years in commercial roles developing and executing strategy that drive product success (marketing, market research, new product planning).
• Demonstrated ability to interact with commercial and medical leaders on payer/market access issues
• Experience with primary market research processes and data collection
• Demonstrated abilities and well-versed in US and international pharmaceutical markets, including impact of associated regulations and guidelines on potential asset launch (e.g., FDA GMP, EU GMP, EU Directives, ICH
• Experience and/or exposure to the full life cycle of a large-molecule biopharmaceutical product from development through commercial launch
• Strong understanding clinical phases of drug development
• Therapeutic knowledge and prior experience working in inflammation/immuno-oncology, with proven ability to quickly gain in-depth understanding of various disease states
• Deep understanding of US pharmaceutical environment
• Strong understanding of US payer market dynamics and how managed care organizations make decisions across commercial & public channels.
• Expertise with market competitive analysis
• Demonstrate broad-scope financial expertise, with financial modeling experience.,
• Understanding of health delivery systems, including knowledge of managed health care, and health care trends
• Strong analytical skills, including experience with developing and testing assumptions, developing forecasts, determining commercial value, assessing risk and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative research
• Ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; demonstrates an understanding of organization's situation and goals; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to lead with and without authority, to gain consensus and act within a matrixed, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
• Outstanding communication skills, including written reports and presentations to the executive team and external stakeholders
• Position requires domestic and international travel