A leader in the healthcare industry is currently seeking a Director of applications for their San Francisco Bay Area hospital.
The Director of Applications will function as a senior level Information Technology Leader responsible for managing clinical and financial systems application portfolio including Integration.
- Responsible for the day-to-day support of all clinical and financial applications, contributing to the IT strategic plan regarding system requirements and operational effectiveness for each application sector.
- Create an ongoing range of IT-enabled business change initiatives to meet Executive strategic obligations.
- Supervision and management of Clinical Application Manager, Clinical Information System Analysts, Financial System Manager, Integration Manager, Technicians, Engineers, and related staff.
- Coordinate with IT Leadership to develop a Project Management (PMO) function.
- Establish and maintain sound working relationships with key business leaders, the CIO, CTO, CMIO & Informatics team, Executive Team, ACMC partners, Physicians, and third party vendors.
- Identifies cost savings strategies appropriate to the department and Implements action plans providing measurable cost savings.
- Responsible for accurate and comprehensive development of annual operating expense and capital budgets.
- Acts as the lead interface between the CIO and the Application Department to ensure all business objectives are met.
- Develops composite policies, procedure, and standards to meet, support and enforce the enterprise information security program as well as regulatory compliance.
- Researches and plans the appropriate application, associated technologies and solutions to meet changing business directives. Analyze risk & return profiles of new applications for necessary acquisitions.
- Supports the CIO in establishing and implementing tactical information systems strategic goals focusing on healthcare for application offerings and adoption strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Information Management, Operations Management, or related field is required; Masters degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of increasing management experience in Hospital environment with previous experience as a Hospital Application Director preferred.
This role is for a one year contract, however there is potential for extension or conversion. The healthcare provider is very eager to hire and encourages those interested to apply as soon as possible.