The Director, Medical Communications & Publications will be responsible for leading and developing a medical communication and publications strategy for GBT’s clinical product(s) and trials and pipeline drugs, which will enable the company to realize its mission of delivering best-in-class medicines to patients with grievous blood disorders. This role will report to the Vice President, Medical Affairs.
This individual will display an understanding of the key role medical affairs plays in enhancing the safe and effective use of drugs and educating clinicians and patients regarding their use. Additionally, he/she will support the clinical and commercial vision and provide cross functional support. This individual will have strategic and operational responsibilities for all aspects of medical communications and publications.
• The Director, Medical Communications & Publications will serve as the liaison with the KOLs, HCPs, and GBT clinical development, and others who may approach communications from a variety of perspectives.
• Develop and execute an integrated, consistent medical communications and publications plan that supports clinical and commercialization strategies focusing on strategic communications and publications planning along the relevant events in the Hematology market.
• Collaborate with the Preclinical, Clinical Development, Corporate Communications and Medical Affairs teams to translate data evidence into medical strategy and finally into medical communication objectives, key messages and activities.
• Lead strategic planning and oversight of implementation of abstracts, posters, manuscripts, oral presentations for key meetings and gain input and agreement on the Congress Plans from cross-functional teams, including materials for booths, for advisory boards and for resources for Medical Science Liaisons.
• Provide support and/or development of field based educational and promotional materials for scientific accuracy.
• A medical or scientific degree (PharmD, PhD, DO, MD, MS or RN) preferred with 6+ years of Medical Communications/Publications experience. Experience in the Hematology drug market desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communications. Proficient with evaluating and reporting complex scientific and clinical data and translating them into simple messages. Quick understanding of a disease landscape.
• Must have proven experience working in a matrixed environment and be an effective collaborator either in the biotech/pharma industry or at a Medical Communication/Publications agency.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory/compliance regarding promotion, Pharma guidelines and all other relevant industry standards.
Drive, desire, motivation
• Self-directed and proactive individual with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment with high performing colleagues
• Comfortable executing on multiple projects independently.
Fit with GBT culture
• Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
• Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
• Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
• Values-based leadership